Playr2: How it works
Everything that can earn you My Playr2 Awards (shown by a ) gets you an entry in the current month’s and year’s prize draws. At the end of each month and year a winner is picked at random.
2. Price News
At the top of every product's price comparison table we show any relevant offers found by ourselves or our members. It might be that a supermarket is offering to swap and old game for a brand new release at a massive discount for example. You can click through the summary at the top of the comparison tables to view all the relevant price news, and choose whether to order it by newest or hottest (calculated by member votes). And of course you earn an entry into our competitions for entering a new piece of price news.
3. The Marketplace (Direct member buy/sell/swaps)
- The Marketplace is free of charge to use for buying, selling and swapping.
- All prices include postage and packing.
- All games on the Marketplace have been confirmed as still available within the past 7 days. (As a seller you will receive an email every 7 days asking you to confirm the game is still available. It will drop off the Marketplace without this confirmation.)
- We strongly recommend paying with Paypal which is fully integrated into the Marketplace. As a seller you can choose to only accept payment via Paypal when listing your game for sale on the Marketplace.
- You must be a fully registered Playr2 Member in the United Kingdom before you can swap, sell or buy a game from another Member. Both Members in the transaction must have completed their full name, postal address and verified their email address on the system. (We do not use or sell this information - it is required purely for security. Paypal will only integrate with a matching email address and the selling member will be automatically notified to ship the game to the buying member's postal address held on their profile.)
i) Swap a Game
1) Use our Match Me technology to find suitable swaps:
Let us do the hard work and find the games other members want to swap with you!
- Find the games you want and add them to your "Wanted" games list
- Scan (or find) the games you own and add them to your "Owned" games list
- Hit the "Match Me" button in the Marketplace and we will suggest fair swaps for you
- Select the swaps you'd like to make and we will create them in the Marketplace for you and email the potentially interested members to alert them
alternatively you can simply
2) Offer a swap manually:
Member 1 has a game to swap and lists it as available for a swap. Member 2 registers an interest and offers a game in exchange. Member 1 accepts or declines the swap offered. If Member 1 accepts then both Members follow the procedure for sending / receiving the item by post and have the opportunity to give feedback to each other once games are received.
To list the game you want to swap use the Search Games box at the top of the screen. You can either type in the name of your game or you can click the Scan it button to the right to scan its barcode with your webcam. Now click the Swap this game button immediately above the game details and box art. Complete the form and then click List Item to register your swap.
If you have a number of games you wish to swap it may be quicker to scan them all in at once using the Playr2 App on your smartphone. The games will then be in the Scanned Items area of your account where you can then list them for swap as detailed above.
ii) Buy / Sell a Game
The Member selling lists the game up for sale. The buying Member agrees to purchase the game. and pays the seller. Unless otherwise agreed by both parties this will be via Paypal. The seller then follows the procedure for sending the item by post. The buyer receives the game and confirms receipt. Both Members have the opportunity to give feedback to each other once games are received.
To list the game you want to sell use the Search Games box at the top of the screen. You can either type in the name of your game or you can click the Scan it button to the right to scan its barcode with your webcam. Now click the Sell this game button immediately above the game details and box art. Complete the form and then click List Item to register your offer for sale.
If you have a number of games you wish to sell it may be quicker to scan them all in at once using the Playr2 App on your smartphone. The games will then be in the Scanned Items area of your account where you can then list them for sale as detailed above.
4. Game Price Comparison
To get you the best deals, we also collate information from across the Internet about all the different ways and places to buy and sell your games. We display price comparison tables for buying new, buying used and trading in.
5. Sending items by post.
Package the item securely and print out the label from the email you will receive. Go to your local post office. Post the item First Class, and obtain a Certificate of Posting. Update the item as dispatched on the Playr2 website.